|senior postdoctoral researcher, expert in bioinformatics software development.
|Date Posted||Friday, 20 July 2012|
International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw
Ks. Trojdena 4
|Job Description||Laboratory of Bioinformatics and Protein Engineering International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw is looking for a senior postdoctoral researcher, expert in bioinformatics software development.
We offer a senior postdoctoral position in a REGPOT grant, starting December 1st 2012.
Salary (contract for up to 3 years, "umowa o prace"): 3000 Euro/month total cost = approx. 8000 PLN/month after taxes depending on the Euro/PLN rate.
The senior postdoctoral researcher will be involved in the development of new methods for RNA and protein structure modeling and design, based on the methods already available in the Bujnicki laboratory. The main objective of the project is to develop methods for the prediction of effect of mutations on the structure/stability/dynamics of macromolecules, and their consequences for the function at the biochemical/cellular and organismal level.
An ideal candidate is supposed to be an experienced bioinformatician/software developer. We are looking for candidates who have experience in the development of bioinformatics software and good understanding of molecular structures. The successful candidate will be responsible for taking over an already running project focused on the development of RNA, protein, and protein-RNA complex prediction methods (based on coarse graining and statistical potentials) and contributing towards its further development and application in RNA/protein design and prediction of effects of mutations on structure and function. The existing software is written mostly in C/C++ and Python and the candidate is expected to continue this line of development.
Apart from research, additional tasks will include supervising junior programmers (undergraduate and PhD students) and contributing to the unification of software development in the lab. Postdocs who intend to become independent group leaders (outside of IIMCB) in the next step of their career are particularly encouraged to apply.
• hold a PhD in computational, natural of life sciences
• have very good programming skills (Python and C/C++ are absolutely essential)
• have experience in bioinformatics software development (preferred: development of 3D structure prediction and modeling methods, Monte Carlo simulations, Molecular Dynamics, development of statistical potentials, machine learning methods)
• know methods for macromolecular (protein/nucleic acids) structure prediction
• have fluency in English (written and spoken)
|How to Apply||The application must contain:
• curriculum vitae;
• list of publications and/or major achievements;
• motivation for applying (including, but not limited to answers to the following questions: what do you know about our research, what are your best skills and how would you like to apply them to contribute to what we are doing, and what would you like to achieve by working with us) - up to 1 A4-page
• sample of software written by the applicant, with documentation
• contact details of at least two persons for references including at least one from a previous supervisor
Applications will be collected only by email, only in the pdf format, until September 30th 2012.
Send your application to email@example.com.
Selected candidates will be contacted before October 15th
Please include in your offer: "In accordance with the personal data protection act from 29th August 1997, I hereby agree to process and to store my personal data by the Institution for recruitment purposes”.
|Supervisor/ Principal Investigator|
|Go back to last page|