|JSMC Doctoral Researcher Fellowship (Ref.No. 63/2012) on the topic The metabolic profile of the marine microalga Ostreococcus tauri
|Date Posted||Wednesday, 18 July 2012|
|Location||Friedrich Schiller University Jena, Germany|
Jena School for Microbial Communication (JSMC)
|Job Description||The Graduate School of Excellence ‘JSMC’ invites applications for a
Doctoral Researcher Fellowship (Ref.No. 63/2012) on the topic
The metabolic profile of the marine microalga Ostreococcus tauri
Using analytical and physiological experiments, this PhD project aims at elucidating how regulatory networks control metabolism in the unicellular marine alga Ostreococcus tauri. The results should help to understand how this cosmopolitan marine species adapts to changes in environmental conditions, and to engineer algae for biotechnological applications.
More projects details: www.jsmc.uni-jena.de/phd-program/fellowship-application/vacant-projects/
• a Master’s degree (or equivalent) in biochemistry, chemistry, pharmacy, biology or a related subject. Candidates about to earn their degree are welcome to apply.
• a strong background in analytical chemistry and biochemistry
• some experience with the use of sterile technique and statistical tests
• high motivation and interest to join one of the interdisciplinary research areas of JSMC
• creativity and interest to shape your own thesis project
• an integrative and cooperative personality
• very good communication skills in English (instruction language at JSMC)
• a highly communicative atmosphere within a scientific network providing top-level research facilities
• a PhD stipend paid for three years according to the regulations of the DFG (German Research Foundation) as well as generous research funding
• a comprehensive mentoring program with efficient supervision by a team of supervisors
• a top-level PhD training program with courses in state-of-the-art research technologies and soft skills
• Jena – the German City of Science 2008: a young and lively town with dynamic business activities, successful scientific centers of innovation and a vibrant cultural scene around the famous Friedrich Schiller University
Friedrich Schiller University Jena is an equal opportunity employer.
|How to Apply||The application procedure takes place exclusively online via the JSMC website:
Please acquaint yourself with the PhD project and the application process described on this website.
Selected applicants will be invited to the JSMC Recruitment Meeting in Jena, Germany, in September 2012. Awarding decisions will be made shortly thereafter, allowing the PhD projects to start immediately.
Application deadline: August 6, 2012
|Supervisor/ Principal Investigator|
|Go back to last page|