|Date Posted||Saturday, 13 October 2012|
Instituto de Medicina Molecular
Avenida Professor Egas Moniz
Edifício Egas Moniz
|Job Description||The Parasite Molecular Genetics Unit at Institute of Molecular Medicine (IMM) in Lisbon, Portugal, is seeking a Bioinformatician to perform next generation sequence data processing and analysis in a non-model organism (Trypanosome brucei) for which development of novel bioinformatics tools and approaches will be necessary.
The successful candidate should be able to work independently, prioritize and manage a variety of tasks. The candidate should interact well with wet-lab biologists to provide support and expertise in Bioinformatics within the frame of their projects.
- MS or PhD degree, or equivalent, in computer science, bioinformatics,
mathematics or a related field,
- 2 years experience with next-generation sequencing data (ChIP-seq,
- Unix/Linux environment experience
- Strong programming experience
- Good working knowledge of English (written and oral)
Desirable attributes (a strong candidate is expected to have some or all of the following; or, alternatively, an expressed desire to learn):
- Experience working directly with bench biologists
- Familiarity with clustered computing (batch-systems such as SGE, PBS, LSF)
- Experience with R (in particular with Bioconductor packages) and
Python (in particular with scientific packages)
- Experience in designing a website for visualization and exploration of
- Experience with next-generation analysis toolkits (PICARD, GATK,
- Experience with reproducible research practices in software (version
control, testing, good documentation practices)
|How to Apply||To apply, send CV or resume and a letter of motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have released any software before (be it commercially, as open source, or as part of a research project), please point this out as it will be taken into consideration.
|Supervisor/ Principal Investigator||Luisa Figueiredo|
|Go back to last page|