|Opening for PhD on Epigenetics / Cancer (Brussels)
|Date Posted||Thursday, 20 September 2012|
Free University of Brussels, Laboratory of Cancer Epigenetics
Route de Lennik 808
|Job Description||A position is available for a highly motivated student that wishes to join our lab located in Brussels (Belgium). Our group is interested to study epigenetics and epigenomics (DNA methylation and histone modifications) associated with gene expression in normal and cancer cells. Genetic, biochemical and cell biological as well as genome-wide approaches (e.g. transcriptomics: RNASeq; epigenomics: ChIPSeq, Infinium Methylation) will be applied.
The PhD will be funded by the Belgian FNRS.
- Brenner et al. EMBO J. 2005 24:336-46.
- Viré et al. Nature 2006 439:871-4.
- Brenner & Fuks Dev. Cell 2007 12:843-4
- Villa et al. Cancer Cell 2007 11:513-25
- Feldman et al. Nature SMB. 2008 15:1176-83
- Fuks F. Nature. 2010 Jul 22;466(7305):417.
- Ndlovu et al. Trends Biochem Sci. 2011 Jul; 36(7):381-7.
- Denis et al. EMBO Rep. 2011 Jul 1;12(7):647-56.
- Dedeurwaerder et al. EMBO Molecular Medicine. 2011 Dec;3(12):726-41.
- Volkmar et al. EMBO J. 2012 31:1405-26.
|Qualification||We expect candidates to have a good first degree (BSc or MSc) in Biology, Genetics, Biochemistry or related.|
|How to Apply||Informal enquiries, CV (including grades) and names of three referees should be send to:
Dr. François Fuks (email@example.com)
Faculty of Medicine, Free University of Brussels, 808 route de Lennik, Brussels, Belgium. Tel.: 32-2-555 62 45. Fax: 32-2-555 62 57.
|Application deadline||Screening of applications begins immediately and continues until an outstanding candidate is selecte|
|Supervisor/ Principal Investigator||François Fuks|
Contact Phone: 32 2 555 62 45
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Go back to last page|